We Are Hiring! Membership and Marketing Intern
Kenora is a great place to work and play!
Why not explore this one-year Membership and Marketing Internship opportunity?
The Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce (KDCC) is hiring a full-time Membership & Marketing Intern for one year. The position reports to the Chamber Manager and will be responsible for membership recruitment, increasing the Chamber’s presence, visibility, and social media profile in the Kenora District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
During COVID-19 restrictions all safety precautions will be maintained.
- Assist the KDCC by responding to inquiries from existing and potential members.
- Aid members in accessing available resources for individual businesses.
- Market the services of the KDCC to members.
- Market the services of the KDCC to convert potential members to become members.
- In consultation with the Membership Committee, research, develop, and coordinate a new membership recruitment campaign.
- Develop and deliver membership packages to Business Partners.
- Membership renewal packages for KDCC and Kenora Construction Association (KCA).
- Research, develop and implement new programs and services to support member needs.
- Photograph Kenora area and member businesses to use in social media.
- Maintain/update KDCC’s online presence through enhancements to the website and social media.
- Write communications and marketing content to promote KDCC.
- Assist with the Rapid Test Kit Initiative
- Contact businesses inviting them to participate in the Rapid Test Kit Initiative – this can be done through social media and/or telephone.
- Contact businesses participating in the Rapid Test Kit Initiative reminding them to upload their results – via telephone.
- Assist with the Business Award logo/design – Business Awards date – TBD.
- Assist with the coordination of events including the Business Awards Banquet, Home and Leisure Show, Municipal/Provincial/Federal Candidates Forum, Market on Main, KCA Golf Tournament, networking events, and training initiatives.
- Market on Main events (3 summer Saturdays, dates to be finalized).
- Assist KDCC plan and execute the events.
- On Market Day – assist with setup and takedown, be present at the KDCC information booth to provide vendors with information, run errands.
- Help with the Kenora Construction Association Golf Tournament setup and takedown, 50/50 draw, and where needed.
- Attend and assist with meetings as required.
- Assist with maintaining/improving government relations.
- Other related duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- superb written and verbal communication skills
- Highly- Motivated, works well independently and in a group setting
- creative presentation skills
- exceptional customer service and excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office, and demonstrated website and social media experience
- demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan effectively
A proficiency test will accompany the interview.
- The internship program is for one year.
- is either a new entrant into the workforce, is transitioning to a new career, or is unemployed or underemployed and is entering a new field,
- has not previously participated in NOHFC’s People & Talent Program,
- is at least 18 years of age,
- resides in Northern Ontario,
- is legally entitled to work in Canada
Salary: This is a 52-week contract full-time intern position, $21.00 per hour
Demonstrate your creative written communications skills in your cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. March 31, 2022
Submit your cover letter and resume to
Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 471, 101 Park Street, Kenora, Ontario, P9N 3X5
Phone: 807 464-6130
This Opportunity is proudly sponsored by